Now hiring wedding day assistants. Interested in joining the SHE team?!
Are you passionate, creative and can’t get enough of the personalized details that go into creating a beautiful wedding? At Sweetheart Events, we believe in crafting a once in a lifetime, personalized, celebration for our couples. We go beyond the how to create something truly unique and memorable that will create lasting memories for our couples. Every couple’s love story is unique and so should their wedding day. A wedding that is True to You!
- Assist the lead planner on the event day. Our days on average are from 4 hours to 12 hours+ long.
- Attend team meetings and logistics meeting with the couple, if required
- Assisting with event timelines
- Contribution to the Sweetheart Events social media sites and blog
- Assist in the office with administrative duties
- Passionate, enthusiastic and go-getter personality
- Reliable and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Organized and good customer service skills
- Quick on your feet and good problem solving skills
- Previous experience/schooling in the event industry/field is preferred but not required
- Computer knowledge and your own laptop to use on office days
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from on the day.
- Must be available on weekends
- Wicked happy dance moves are just a bonus 😉
To be discussed at the interview but please note this is a paid position 🙂
Record a 2-5 minute video (nothing too fancy) answering these questions:
- Your name
- Why you are interested in wedding planning and joining the Sweetheart Events team. Share more than your qualifications but why you are truly interested in wedding planning.
- Share a story of when you went above and beyond to personalize a moment or gift for someone. (Example, for my girlfriends baby shower I had the lyrics of the bedtime song that her husband was secretly learning done in calligraphy to hang in the nursery.)
- Attach your resume along with a link to your video addressed to Stephanie at savethedate (at) sweetheartevents.ca with the title WEDDING DAY ASSISTANT
- Interviews will be taking place mid/late February
I know recording yourself can be a bit nerve wrecking but it will give me an idea of your personality. Trust me, I was nervous just recording this haha (please note this was filmed in 2016).
Thank you SO much for considering Sweetheart Events! I can’t wait to hear from you!